10 Categories Celebrating Committed People Across the North East at the STEM Awards
31st Aug 2022
The North East STEM Awards is a prestigious ceremony to be held in November at the Crowne Plaza in Newcastle. It’s a celebration to recognise North East STEM Ambassadors and STEM organisations who, through their interaction, have inspired, engaged and enthused many young people and their teachers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) over the past year.
The celebration is organised by the North East STEM Hub, delivered by RTC. The STEM Hub runs the North East STEM Ambassador Hub which covers Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham and Tees Valley. The team with a network of over a thousand dedicated and inspiring volunteers in the North East help to facilitate STEM Ambassadors, volunteering their time to support and inspire young learners and promote STEM subjects, encouraging the next generation to lead innovation to sustain our future. Janine Marshall, the North East STEM Hubs Contract Manager, comments:
“We are delighted to host the 2022 NE STEM awards, a regional showcase of the amazing commitment of our STEM Ambassadors, Teachers and Companies. This event will celebrate the fantastic work of these brilliant individuals who work hard to inspire young people in science, technology, engineering and maths. This evening recognises the initiatives which make a real impact and spark the enthusiasm for STEM subjects within our regional young people and open up a path for an exciting career in STEM.”
The ceremony will configure around the award categories including:
1. The highest numbers of hours by a North East STEM Ambassador
2. The largest number of active STEM Ambassadors from a North East SME
3. The largest number of active STEM Ambassadors from a North East company with 250+ employees
4. The highest number of hours for a newly registered North East STEM Ambassador
5. The most inspirational North East Science Employer
6. The most inspirational North East Technology Employer
7. The most inspirational North East Engineering Employer
8. The most inspirational North East Maths Employer
9. The most inspirational North East STEM Employer
10. Special individual recognition awards for outstanding contribution to STEM education in the North East
This is an opportunity to acknowledge the valued contribution and real difference that these people and their organisations have made to the lives of thousands of individuals in our region and to reward the exceptional dedication and commitment these individuals and their organisations have shown to the STEM agenda in the North East.
The STEM Ambassador Hub North East covers Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham and Tees Valley and their vision is a World-Leading STEM Education for All Young People.